Sunday, February 24, 2008

Iowa Poll: Obama Crushes McCain, McCain beats Clinton

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080224/NEWS09/802240333

Honestly, I thought voters were more partisan than this. The Des Moines Register Poll is simply the gold standard in Iowa polling so I will take its word over anything. The fact Obama is beating McCain by well into double digits in Iowa of all places is very interesting, though it may indicate more of a shift in Iowa than anything. I think these numbers will tighten up considerably as there is still a very solid base of Republican support in the Hawkeye State. Still, there are indications of a surge in Democratic voter registration and Democrats did do very well in 2006 carrying two house seats, winning the open gubernatorial race, and winning seats in the legislature.

I will have to slightly revise my planned analysis of Iowa that I was about to release, but now is on hold.

No comments: